Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cream of Potato and Green Onion Soup

I got this recipe from cooks.com and made it my own.

6 C. peeled shredded potatoes (or you can use shredded hash browns this will cut down cooking time)
2 C. water
1 Can cream of celery with 1/2 C water (I use cream of chicken)
1/2 C finely chopped onion (I use green onions about 1/4 a Cup)
2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
2 chicken bouillon cubes (I use 3)
1 tsp. salt (I used 2 tsp.)
Shredded carrots amound desired (I use 1/2 a cup)
3/4 lb. cubed cheddar cheese (I use 1 C shredded cheese)
3 Cups milk divided (I dont use milk because then it becomes more thick I use 1 more C water)
1/4 C flour (I dont use this becuase I dont want it thicker)

Combine all ingredients except for bottome two in a large pot (make sure its a big one because it gets really full). Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat, simmer for about 20 min to 30 min or until potatoes are no longer crunchy. Then add the milk and flour and stir in if you want to do that part. Cook until thick. It will be pretty thick already. (Instead of using 3 bouillon cubes use only 2 then a can of chicken broth) This should help it be not so thick.

This is so good I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment