Sunday, May 20, 2012

Jerk-Style Chicken From Kraft Foods

This is one of the recipes I cooked for Mother's Day
My suggestions are in brackets (   ).

Time: 1 hour 55 min. 

What you need

1 env. Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. oil
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground thyme
1/2 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 broiler-fryer chicken (2 1/2 lb.) cut up (I used 12 chicken strips)

Make it

Mix all ingredients except chicken in large shallow dish until well blended. (I used a large gallon size baggie)

Add chicken; turn over to evenly coat both sides. Refrigerate 1 hour to marinte. Drain; discard marinade. (I kept the marinade.)

Preheat greased grill to medium heat. Grill chicken 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked throught, turning frequently. (I just used a frying pan with olive oil and put the chicken with extra marinade in with the chicken and cooked for about 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.)


No comments:

Post a Comment