Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cheesy Bacon and Potatoe Omelet

From: Kraft Foods
Servings: 6
(My suggestions are for serving 2 people)

What You Need

6 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, chopped (I used sausage ½ lb.)
1 lb. potatoes, peeled, cut into thin slices (I used shredded frozen hash browns half a bag)
½ cup sliced onions (I didn’t use instead I used 3 shakes onion powder)
1 clove garlic, minced (I didn’t use instead I used 3 shakes garlic poweder)
6 eggs, beaten (I used 4 eggs)
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
¼ tsp. black pepper (I didn’t use)
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (I didn’t use)

Make It




COOK bacon in medium skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet to drain, reserving drippings in skillet. Add potatoes, onions and garlic to drippings; cook 10 to 12 min. or until tender and golden brown, stirring frequently.
(I cooked sausage and then kept the drippings in another skillet)


PLACE potato mixture in large bowl. Add bacon, eggs, 1/2 cup cheese and pepper; mix well.


HEAT same skillet on high heat. Return potato mixture to skillet; cook on low heat 12 min. or until egg mixture is almost set.


SLIDE omelet onto dinner plate. Place skillet upside-down over omelet; carefully turn plate and skillet over to flip omelet. Top with remaining cheese; cook 3 min. or until cheese is melted and center of omelet is set. Sprinkle with parsley.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
How to Cook a Perfect Omelet
While omelet is cooking, frequently shake pan to help prevent omelet from sticking to pan. Or, occasionally run metal or rubber spatula under omelet to loosen it from bottom and side of pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment