Thursday, July 26, 2012

Simply Sensational Skillet Lasagna

This was pretty good.
My suggestions are for 2 people

What you need:
6 oz dry bowtie pasta, uncooked (I used about 3 cups)
1 lb Italian pork sausage links, casings removed (I used 1/2 lb not links)
1 can (26.5 oz each) Hunt's Meat Flavored Spaghetti Sauce (I would only use 3/4 a can and you can freeze the rest)
2 C shredded part skim mozzarella cheese (I just used regular mozzarella cheese)
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (I didn't use but I used dried flakes)

Make it:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat until no long pink breaking up clups. Blend in spaghetti sauce; simmer 5 min. remove from skillet; cover to keep warm. Drain pasta. Place half of cooked pasta in bottom of skillet. Pour half of sauce mixture over pasta; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with remaining pasta, sauce and cheese. Cover and cook over medium heat 5 min. or until heated through and cheese melts. Remove from heat let stand 1 min. (Instead of taking sauce mixture out of skillet you could just drain pasta and stir it in and add cheese. I don't think it needs to be layered like these instructions say.

No comments:

Post a Comment